Looking for the best camping portable toilet in the business? After all, if you’re planning a camping trip out in the great outdoors, you might want to bring along a toilet so you can do nature’s business. (Because who wants to do that in some hole?)
If you want the best portable toilet for camping, it’s important to know what you’re looking for. What size, what shape, and how heavy it is are all important factors you should think about. Then, look no further, as here are 4 of the best portable camping toilets the internet brings us!
** If you’re a frequent traveler, you may want to check out our recommendations for the best portable toilets for traveling on the road. **
Disclosure: Best Composting Toilet, as an Amazon Associate, earns commissions on qualified purchases. This informative review article may contain affiliate links. Commission and earnings support our work. This means we may receive a commission if you purchase items from links embedded in the articles.
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
1. Camco Portable Travel Toilet
The Camco portable toilet has everything that you’re looking for in a camping toilet. With a detachable 5.3-gallon holding tank, it’s a toilet that’s easy to clean up.
With a pull slide valve for easy flushing, this Camco toilet is a great choice for those who want no fuss with their mess! On top of this, the Camco is decently priced, making it a middle-of-the-road investment toilet-wise.
The top flush tank holds 2 and a half gallons of water, and the back of the waste tank even has a removable valve, making it easy to clean out when it’s full. Also, there’s a sliding slide that can lock in odors and waste, making it out of sight, out of mind! (At least, that is, until you have to clean it.)
Although the Camco has some great points, there are some ways in that it falls short. Firstly, the overall clunky and square design makes it overall hard to use comfortably, making it not rank very high in terms of comfort.
On top of this clunky design, Camco has also been known to be somewhat hard to move, being shaped strangely. Lastly, the toilet size itself isn’t very impressive, making it lose even more points for comfort.
- Detachable tank makes easy cleanup
- A big 5.3 waste tank
- Decently priced compared to the other recommendations
- Sealing Slide Locks in Odors
- Integrated handles for added portability
- 1-Year Warranty
- The clunky design makes it hard to use comfortably
- Hard to Move
- Small Toilet Size, making it less comfortable
- May have some leakage issues
- Portable Travel Toilet: Provides a convenient bathroom spot while on-the-go; Ideal for camping, RVing, boating, road trips and other recreational activities; Detachable Holding Tank: 5.3-gallon...
- Stops Leaks and Odors: The locking lid helps stop spills and the sealing slide valve locks in odors/protects against leakage; Side latches fasten the tank to the toilet
- Easy to Flush: An easy-to-use bellow-type flush and pull slide valve provide simple flushing
- Size: Measures 16 7/8-inches (H) x 14-inches (W) x 16 ¼-inches (D); Durable Construction: Made of durable, lightweight polyethylene
- Includes: (1) portable toilet and (3) individual TST Orange Drop-Ins
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
2. Hike Crew Advanced Portable Outdoor Camping and Travel Toilet
Hike Crew’s portable toilet has all the luxuries that you’ve been looking for, and then some! Of the many features, the Hike Crew portable toilet boasts no circulating water, making it a sanitary and odor-free experience. As well as this, Hike Crew’s portable toilet comes with Piston 3 directional T-Type flush, which ensures both hygiene and convenience in cleaning!
However, the main point that Hike Crew falls on is its price. All those features certainly come at a price, and Hike Crew is no exception. However, if the price tag doesn’t scare you off, this toilet is definitely worth the investment!
The last let down of the toilet is its overall bowl size, which is still a little on the small size, which sacrifices some of the comforts for mobility.
- No Circulating Water
- Powerful Flush
- Full Tank Indicator
- Easy to empty and clean
- The flusher washes the whole bowl
- Great height on the toilet (great for a tall person as well)
- It’s round and really small
- When it comes to the drain, it can be a little difficult due to the size of the drain pipe
- Shallow bowl
- Sometimes hard to discharge the waste from the bowl because of the pull
- ENJOY MODERN CAMPING – With No Power or Water Source Required, Portable Toilet Makes for Comfortable Camping, boating, fishing, traveling with the family, healthcare, RV & Outdoor Adventures
- STURDY, DURABLE, SEALED – High Density Polyethylene Ensures No Damage from Scrubbing or Transporting, Preventing Unsavory & Unsanitary Leaks. Sturdy seat design offers home-like comfortable....
- POWER FLUSH/DISPOSE WASTE – Super Powerful Piston 3 Directional T-Type Flush Coupled with Easy E Splash-free Rotating Emptying Tube Ensures Effective & Painless Disposal of Waste; Provides as...
- SANITARY WITHOUT ODORS – Flushes with Fresh, Clean Water (No-Circulating Water); Double Sealed Valve Keeps Smelly Odors Locked Safely Inside. Liquid chemicals can be put into fresh water tank...
- VENT RELEASE/LEVEL INDICATOR – Hose Fits Into Some Sewer Outlet For Easier Dumping. Integrated Vent Releases Built Up Pressure. Liquid Level Indicator Lets You Know When It’s Time to Dispose...
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
3. Zimmer Portable Toilet Camping Porta Potty
The Zimmer Portable Camping Toilet is a must-buy for anyone even slightly interested in camping. With its lightweight design and comfortable seat, suitable for adults and kids, it’s a no-brainer to purchase this if you constantly find yourself in the great outdoors.
Firstly, it’s portability to second to none. It even weighs less than 10 pounds, and with a handle on the back, it’s truly a portable toilet.
Along with this, Zimmer’s portable toilet has a 3-gallon water tank, making it have a larger holding capacity than many of the other portable toilets out there!
Finally, it’s well-known for its hygienic design, making it overall a breeze to clean. Just dispose of the waste left in the holding tank and you’re good to go! They also come with chemical packets that make the water not smell up the area.
The main setback that this toilet has is its lack of a full tank indicator. The alternative for this portable toilet, if in a dark place, is to use a flashlight to look down the bowl to see its capacity. Because this feature is on other portable toilets on the market, the Zimmer Portable toilet loses a few points, although remains a solid toilet overall.
- Great Portability
- 5.3-gallon waste capacity
- Easy To Clean
- Easy to empty
- Comfortable to sit on
- Heavy when it’s full of water but still manageable
- Great customer service
- No Fill Tank Indicator
- The pull doesn’t stay in place and faulty
- The value is not high
- FULL-SIZED CONVENIENCE - This travel toilet is the answer for full bladders everywhere. With a full-sized lid, our porta potty is perfect for the comfort of adults and kids alike. No more holding...
- 8-GALLON HOLD - You'll get a 3-gallon freshwater holding tank plus a 5-gallon waste water holding tank with this camp toilet (that's up to 50-70 flushes)!
- EASY TO USE - When your portable bathroom is ready to be refilled, just use the 2 labeled side latches. Each tank comes with a strong cap to ensure no leakage whatsoever.
- WATERTIGHT SEAL - With our top-tier toilet tech, odor is a thing of the past. This portable camping toilet has a watertight seal that contains all odor and foul smells until it's ready for...
- ULTRA DURABLE - Made of high-density polyurethane, this camping and RV toilet can withstand extensive travel out on the open road. Use it time and time again on your next adventure!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4. Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet
The Reliance on Portable Toilet is great for those who want just the basics. Having a 5-gallon capacity thanks to its simple design (being essentially a toilet seat on top of a hole), this portable toilet is great for those who want no fuss in their flush.
Firstly, it’s extremely cost-efficient, making it a great choice for those on a budget. As well as this, it’s also very light, making it very easy to transport from place to place.
Another great thing about Reliance’s Portable Toilet is its replacement lid, in case the lid that came with the portable toilet originally broke off, you’ll be able to replace it with ease, or even have a few extras just in case!
However, its severe lack of features limits this portable toilet to be a budget option. With no flush option, tank indicator, or really anything of the sort, this one is bare bones.
Overall, I would say that, while this portable toilet is pretty much as basic as it gets in terms of portable toilets, it’s easy on the wallet price and great capacity and portability save this toilet.
- Very cost-efficient
- Very light
- Extremely easy to setup
- 5-year guarantee
- Severe lack of features
- Not comfortable at all
- Cheap material
- Compatible with Reliance's standard Double Doodle Bag
- Weight: 3.00lbs
- Economically priced portable toilet
- 5-gallon (20-liter) capacity
- Simple bucket style design; traditional snap-on lid
Last update on 2023-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall, the best camping portable toilet is one that is reliable, durable, and most important of all, stays clean! That’s why it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of each product, to make sure that you make the right decision.
To make sure that you get the best portable camping toilet that fits your needs ( and your budget), starting your search out with these 4 will surely put you on the right track!