- 1 What Are They Used for?
- 2 What Are They Made From?
- 3 Safe and Comfortable Experience
- 4 Portable Toilets and Waste Disposal
- 5 How to Dispose of The Waste
- 6 Cleaning and Maintenance
- 7 Best Portable Toilets for Home Use
- 8 Camco Portable Travel Toilet – 5.3 Gallon (41541)
- 9 Alpcour Portable Toilet – Compact Indoor & Outdoor Commode
- 10 SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet
- 11 Best Portable Toilets for Camping
- 12 Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet
- 13 Camco Portable Toilet Bucket with Seat and Lid Attachment (41549)
- 14 Reliance Products Fold-to-Go Collapsible Portable Toilet
- 15 Deodorizers to Kill the Smell from Portable Toilets
- 16 Walex TOI-91799 Porta-Pak Holding Tank Deodorizer Drop-Ins, Sunglow Scent (Pack of 10)
- 17 Walex BOI-11530 Deodorizer and Waste Digester Drop-Ins, Alpine Fresh Scent
- 18 Camco TST Ultra-Concentrate Orange Scent (8-pack of 4-ounce singles) TST Orange – 41191
- 19 Best Biodegradable, Compostable Bags for Portable Toilet
- 20 Green Elephant Portable Toilet Replacement Bags ASTM D6400
- 21 Primode Biodegradable Compost Bags
- 22 Kalencom Potette Plus Potty Seat Liners with Magic Disappearing Ink Value Box – 90 Liners
- 23 Best Toilet Paper for Portable Toilets
- 24 Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper
- 25 Coleman Camper’s Toilet Paper
- 26 Aria Premium Eco-Friendly Toilet Paper / Bath Tissue
Portable toilets are a unique form of toilets which are as important as the standard ones. This is because nowadays people are becoming more mobile and exploring the outdoors and the lack of toilet facilities are no longer a problem due to this invention.
Whether it is camping, hunting, hiking, or fishing, there is a high chance you will not be able to find a toilet in the wilderness, which can be an issue, especially for women, the elderly, or children. Portable toilets are thus, the answer to this dilemma by providing a safe and secure way to answer nature’s call. These are available in the market in different price ranges, depending on the number of features, comfort levels, sizes, and types, they can be anywhere from $20 to $100.
What Are They Used for?
Portable toilets can be used for anything, as your outdoor escapes or camping trips, and even for emergencies. For example, if a natural disaster hits or if there are large scale events such as festivals, concerts, or for military situations where there are no available toilets nearby.
What Are They Made From?
The main component of a portable toilet is the lightweight plastic sheet, similar to polyethylene. This is what the main toilet seat and the cabana are made from. Then the entire unit is fastened together with many nails, screws, hinges, bolts, and rivets.
Safe and Comfortable Experience
Portable toilets provide maximum comfort, and there are plenty of options that you can choose from, depending on your unique preferences, such as age, weight, or height. They are perfectly safe to be used by everyone, even for pooping, provided you ensure certain things such as:
- The toilets are disinfected regularly so that they do not breed any bacteria
- The toilets are placed on a flat surface, rather than on the uneven ground, or else it can topple over
- Staking down your portable toilet will increase its stability and make it safer, especially if the weather conditions are windy
Portable Toilets and Waste Disposal
When you are buying a portable toilet, this is an essential factor to consider: waste disposal. Most portable toilets are equipped with different sizes of waste bags/tanks. A large one keeps the waste for an extended period of time, as compared to a smaller one. While small-sized toilets are more compact and take up less space, they also have a small waste bag/tank that needs to be emptied frequently.
The larger portable toilets, on the other hand, are more comfortable and have a bigger waste bag/tank, but take up more space. How often to dispose of the waste depends upon different factors such as its capacity, whether many people have used the toilet or if it is being used at an event, which will dictate the frequency of it being emptied and cleaned.
How to Dispose of The Waste
These waste bags/tanks are to be disposed of in specific dumping stations where you have to dig a hole at least 6 inches in the ground, making sure it is 100 yards away from any form of the water source so that it does not contaminate the water for organic life, animals or for other campers. You can then bury your waste, and it is done. If your toilet is not equipped with a waste disposal bag, then you have to place your commode open bottom over the hole and empty it, then cover it with topsoil.
In case of snow or if no dumping station is available, then a portable toilet can be emptied in a standard indoor toilet as well.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The portable toilet may come with specific instructions for its maintenance. There are different ways of taking care, cleaning, and maintaining various types of portable toilets. The flush toilets may have their cleaning deodorizers and agents, which will keep it clean for an extended period of time. On the other hand, a bag toilet will need replacement every time it is used.
Cleaning the toilet is similar to how you would clean your standard indoor toilet. If it does not require cleaning onsite, it is better to clean it when you reach home for better maintenance and hygiene. It is best to follow a rule of thumb – if it looks stained or smells foul, you should definitely wash it!
Best Portable Toilets for Home Use
This is an excellent choice for a toilet for home use. It is also the right choice for outdoor purposes such as camping, fishing, or other recreational activities.
- It has a large size and can easily hold up to 5.3 gallons in its holding tank, which is detachable
- It also has a 2.5-gallon of a flush tank
- There is no need to worry about leakages as the sealing slide valve locks and protects against leakage and odor
- It has a flush system, which provides convenience
This is an excellent choice for home use as it has a sturdy construction and a big enough size, which offers comfort and ease.
This portable commode can be used indoors or outdoors, anywhere, and anytime. It is equipped with a high technology piston flush that provides instant cleaning action, and there are no external hookups of plumbing required.
- It is equipped with a large 5.3-gallon waste tank and a 3.2-gallon water tank which means less need to empty
- It is highly comfortable and made of durable materials, which minimizes odors and is rust resistance
- Can be used for both adults and kids
- There are an inbuilt waste level indicator and anti-leak drain valve
- Highly convenient for cleaning and maintenance
This is a great portable toilet, which does not just travel-friendly but is also environmentally friendly. Since it is a comfortable design, it is ideal for home use for adults, the elderly as well as for toddlers!
This is a compact and portable toilet, which is ideal for home as well as for outdoor use. The best part about this toilet is its size, which is easy for carrying and does not take up much space. Even though it is compact, yet the toilet tank is of a right volume of 5.3 gallons, which means less need to empty it frequently.
- Rotating pour sprout, which is splash-free, making it very easy to empty it when it is full
- Made of odor-resistant materials which ensure there are no foul smells
- Includes a carrying case, which makes it easier to travel with
- Rinses and flushes the toilet bowl with freshwater reserve
This is an excellent choice for a portable toilet, which is compact, making it easy to travel with. It is also rust-resistant and constructed with high-quality materials, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
Best Portable Toilets for Camping
If you are looking for something budget-friendly and ideal for camping and outdoor excursions, then this is a great choice. It is highly affordable and is compact, simple, and gets the job done without any mess.
- Quite light, weighing just about three pounds, which makes it easy for traveling
- Functional capacity of 5 gallons
- Simple bucket style commode and a metal handle for easy transport
- Can be used for disasters or emergencies
This is a basic, bucket style commode that focuses on convenience. It is very affordable and can be put up anywhere with its effortless top, which snaps on and off.
Camco is a well-known and reputable name when it comes to portable toilets so you can trust the brand and quality of this unit. It is a highly useful unit if you are looking got a toilet bucket that you can use for your travel needs such as camping, hiking, or hunting. It is easy to carry, and the price is affordable.
- It is light in weight, which makes it easy to carry it around
- Even though it is compact, it has easily held about five gallons
- It is made with durable materials, which are UV resistant making it long-lasting and dependable
- The bucket has a lid, which easily snaps shut
- It cleans easily and is hassle-free
This is an excellent choice for frequent travelers who like to stay outdoors and need something basic when nature calls. It is a no-frills toilet, which is affordable and straightforward.
This is a basic toilet seat, which is a bit more comfortable than a toilet bucket. It is also light in weight, making the unit compact and easy to travel with.
- A collapsible toilet seat that is equipped with a handle and a double doodie bag
- Can be folded during transportation
- Easily hold up to 300lbs weight
- Five-year warranty
If you are looking for a portable toilet solution, which is compact and affordable but does not want a toilet bucket, then this is an excellent choice. It has a toilet seat, which can hold a high weight capacity and secure no-mess system. The price is also affordable.
Deodorizers to Kill the Smell from Portable Toilets
This is a fresh smelling deodorizer in sunglow scent, which is ideal for your portable toilet. It is much needed for all types of portable toilets to keep them smelling fresh and clean.
- It helps to kill the odor
- It is biodegradable and formaldehyde-free
- The package is easy to store with a zipper bag
- Comes in a pack of 10, 50 and 250
- The scent is fresh and stays in for at least seven days
Having bad odor in your toilet can be quite problematic, but this deodorizer is a blessing in disguise, which you have to drop in your holding tank and it, dissolves fast!
This deodorizer for a portable toilet is a must-have for those who use their portable toilets often. It is highly effective in keeping the holding tanks odor-free and smelling fresh.
- No staining color
- Reduces the need for having any sort of a unique toilet paper
- Does not require any measuring or pouring since it is packaged per use
- Septic tank safe and secure to use
This deodorizer is available in packs of ten and is highly useful for your toilet tanks for your long journeys. It is a natural enzyme deodorizer that also breaks down the most robust toilet paper!
This is highly needed for all portable toilets; no matter how much cleaning and maintenance is done, a deodorizer for the smell is a must-have. This is a fresh orange scent, which keeps it fresh and clean.
- It helps to break down waste and eliminates odor
- The smell is dominant in a citrus scent
- It requires no measuring and each bottle is good for at least 40 gallons
- The package contains eight single-dose bottles for 4 ounces
- It is safe to use and does not contain any formaldehyde and does not cause staining, making it safe for septic tanks
This is a must-have deodorizer that works like a charm for all portable toilet tanks. It keeps the toilet smelling fresh and helps to break down the waste.
Best Biodegradable, Compostable Bags for Portable Toilet
These are a must-have when you are using portable toilets and need easy cleaning. These are ideal if you are looking for reliable waste solutions where you have to dig a hole, bury the compost bag. Since it is biodegradable, it will decompose naturally!
- Ideal for long trips like camping, hunting or hiking
- Odorless and colorless which makes cleaning easier
- Environmentally friendly as compared to plastic bags
- 100% biodegradable
- Certified in the US and UK with standard ASTM D6400 and Vincotte OK Compost Home
These biodegradable compost bags are the best solution for your portable toilet waste needs. They fit perfectly and do not lead to any accidents while cleaning up.
These compost bags are a great choice if you are looking for eco-friendly solutions to dispose of your waste from your portable toilet. These are 100% compostable and safe to use for yourself and the environment.
- It has the capacity of at least 6 gallons
- They can also be used as kitchen trash bags or food waste collection bags
- They are available in a fresh and nice green color
- Certified by BPI ASTM D6400 and Vincotte standards
- These are quite tough and strong
When you are using portable toilets, then you also have the need for durable and robust compost bags. The Primode compost bags are an excellent choice for your long outdoor adventures where you need a safe and sustainable solution, which are also significant in size. These are not just easy and safe to use but also biodegradable, which makes them an excellent choice overall.
The Kalencom Potette Plus Potty seat liners are an excellent way of motivating your young ones to use the toilet seat. They have a fresh scent and keeps the toilet seat smelling fresh and clean.
- These are leak-proof and can easily hold up to five ounces of liquid and works as a diaper
- Very easy to use and clean up
- The disposable liners have a pleasant fresh smell, which helps to absorb any foul odors
- They are economical and available in packs of twenty, thirty and ninety, depending on your requirement
These liners are an excellent choice for your portable toilets, especially if you are off to a long-haul trip with your entire family. Not only will it keep the toilet seat clean but also smelling nice and fresh.
Best Toilet Paper for Portable Toilets
Why use regular toilet paper in your portable toilet when you can use the rapid dissolving one? This is the best choice for using it while you are traveling or when you are on the road.
- Made especially for a boat, RV or the septic system
- Clog clinic tested, and it is proved to be septic and sewer safe
- Soft and gentle on the skin and can be used by everyone
- Ideal during travel
The best part about Scott’s toilet paper is that it has the ability to dissolve fast, which is much needed when you are using a portable toilet that needs to be emptied on a regular basis. Moreover, it is not just ideal for travel purposes, but it is also gentle on the skin and provides a comfortable feel.
Having a portable toilet is not enough, but also certain accessories are needed to go with it, primarily, toilet paper. Coleman camper’s toilet paper is an excellent choice for your needs during your outdoor escapades since the tissue paper breaks down quickly and is biodegradable.
- It is hygienic and comfortable for outdoor uses
- One package is good enough to last as it contains three rolls of 2-ply tissue paper
- It is safe for septic systems since it is biodegradable
- It can easily fit in the backpack
This tissue paper is ideal to be used outdoors since they break down easily. One packet is enough for one trip, and they are safe to be used on the skin, providing a hygienic experience.
Aria Premium tissue papers are one of the best ones you would find for your travel needs. The quality is excellent, with premium strength. Not only are these tissue papers strong but are also soft on the skin.
- These are three times stronger and 50% thicker when they are wet than any other brand
- It comes in recyclable and 52% plant-based packaging
- It is biodegradable, septic free and unscented
If you are looking for premium quality toilet paper, which is also safe for the environment, then these are the best ones for you. It has been around for a long time, and you can expect good quality from these tissue papers. One pack is enough to last for a trip and great to be used during outdoor travels.